Grayson Pediatrics knows that there is a tremendous amount of information out there and that can be difficult for you navigate through. We are please to offer you the following list of trusted resources.
- Georgia Poison Control Center
www.georgiapoisioncenter.org 404.616.9000 1.800.222.1222
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
This site provides information on car seat, airbag, and seatbelt safety, current immunization schedule, physician referrals, child care books and many position statements of the AAP on various topics.
- General Pediatric Topics (From American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Kids Health (Educational Health Site for Parents & Children)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Food Allergies
- Diabetes Information
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
This site provides information on immunizations, lead poisoning, “Health Information from A to Z”, traveler’s health, and poisoning prevention.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
This site provides information on product recalls, and has an interactive safety page for children.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
This site provides information on lead, drinking water, pesticides, asbestos and other topics affecting your child’s health. There is also an interactive home page just for children.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
This site provides information on immunizations, medications, and food safety, along with an interactive home page for children.
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)
This site allows user to download and print vaccine information statements (VIS), containing pertinent facts about immunizations.
- Kids In Danger
This non-profit organization is dedicated to protecting babies and young children from unsafe products.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
This site provides information about the hospital, maps to all satellite locations, activities for children, current research, and patient education classes.
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Children’s Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation
- Celiac Disease
- USDA Dietary Guidelines
- Car Seat Information
- National Highway Safety Administration
- Poison Control
- Traveler’s Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Autism Speaks
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Health
- Children & Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Pediatric Dentistry
- National Association for Down Syndrome (Based in Wilmette, Il)
- National Down Syndrome Society
- Information regarding children’s needs in a divorce situation